What Information Do We Collect and How?
Personal Information. We may collect and store any information you directly provide us, as well as information that you enable us to access, whether via the Services, the device through which our Services are accessed, 3rd Party Login Services and 3rd Party Accounts, or direct communication (for example, in the process of registration to the Services, filling forms or submitting enquiries), including information which identifies or relates to you personally, such as your name, date of birth, services purchased, activities, location information, payment methods and so on, as well as the contents of your emails ("Personal Information"). For example:
- By using the Services, you provide us with access to your email account(s) and the content of your emails. We analyze email content to identify information about items, products and services you purchased (such as your purchase receipts), to identify potential refunds you may be eligible for, and to recommend contacts you may want to invite to the Services. We may also de-identify and aggregate this data across customers.
- We collect your payment card and billing information to obtain your refunds and communicate with your payment card provider, and for billing purposes.
- When connecting to us through 3rdParty Login Services, you may grant us permission to access your profile information, which may include your contact information, name, and date of birth. For example, when you log in through or provide us access to your Google or Microsoft email account, we request permission to access your Google or Microsoft profile information (in addition to your email account).
- If you are accessing our Services through an Apple device, we collect your device’s Apple Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA).
Information Concerning Children. Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
How Is Collected Information Used?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To identify your purchases to make refund claims on your behalf by analyzing your email messages. We also use purchase information for research and analytics purposes, such as to identify purchasing trends.
- To interface, on your behalf, with your credit card provider to take advantage of any buyer protection program your card provider may offer for purchases you made.
- To allow you to send invitations to join the Services to your email contacts.
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to obtain Refunds, conduct payment transactions, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including third parties’ products and services. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites. We may also use your information to conduct our own promotional programs from time to time.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How Is Collected Information Shared?
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Earny Users. If you sign up after being referred by another Earny user, we will notify them and allow them to claim any applicable referral bonus. t
- Merchants and Payment Card Providers. We will share your information with merchants and payment card providers in order to request refunds or submit claims under any cardholder protection programs you are enrolled in.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you and information that we collect about you with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if a portion of or substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Should you close your account with us, we may retain the information we have collected about you, including Personal Information, for internal purposes, including record keeping and business purposes, data reconstruction and backup, and compliance with applicable law.
International Transfers of Information
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to or stored and processed in databases located or managed by us or for us in any location worldwide, including un the United States. The United States and these other jurisdictions may not have data privacy laws equivalent to those in your jurisdiction of residence. You expressly consent to such transfers.
Cookies and Tracking
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Third-Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. User in the European Union should go here). .Opting out from one or more companies ad networks through the tools identified above will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or on other websites.
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Your California privacy rights
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last revised - December 21, 2016